That giant sucking sound you hear is the big empty space at the beginning of many sales calls and business 'relationships.' It's the Bermuda triangle of connection and progress; a black hole where the bright star of an insight or an idea might have shone. It didn't have to be this way.
Across scores of seller interviews I conduct in preparing workshops each year, I hear a consistent litany of frustrations and complaints:
This week's Drift is proudly underwritten by Umbel. Facebook and ad networks know all about your audience. Do you? Umbel unlocks hidden revenue by refining social data in a way that empowers you to understand, monetize and deliver your audience segments at their highest value across platforms. Find out how Umbel improves the match between audience, advertiser and content.
- The buyer puts us in a box with a bunch of other sites
- They don't really listen to us
- It's all about the numbers
- They're not seeing the big picture
- We don't really get a chance to compete
- I want to really understand your objectives for the year...
- I just wanted to introduce you to our company....
- Let me update you on....whatever.
We've looked at your business, and there's one big issue we don't think you recognize. And if it's not addressed, you'll be missing a huge opportunity.
Do the work. Think. Plan. Fill the vacuum.